Sunday, March 13, 2011

Flower Necklace Tutorial

I love this magnificent necklace from the blog Sisters 4 Say More is More {o how i <3 that blog}...so I made it and tweaked it a bit :)

Here it the tutorial! 

Supplies:
Old Shirt/or a shirt from the $1 store!
Glue Gun
Thread and a Needle
Felt
Scissors 
And
Yourself :P

Step 1: Find an old shirt. 

Step 2: Cut off the bottom and set it aside.

Step 3: Grab some felt (I used Joshes blanket scraps instead hehe)

Step 4: Cut a banana type shape out of the felt and set that aside as well.

Step 5: Start cutting circles out of the shirt (I used a Jones bottle to get my circle shape).





Step 6: It is kinda hard to explain this step so just look @ the picture if my explaining is not good! My explanation: Cut some fridges around the edges.



Step 7: Get some needle and thread!


Step 8: Grab the banana lookin' thing. Sew the flowers onto it. (you can pin them 1st but I did not)!


This is what it should look like when all the flowers are sewed on...


Step 9: Find the bottom of the shirt back and cut it into 2 pieces.


Step 10: Glue the straps onto the back of the felt.


Step 11 FINAL STEP: Cut out another banana shape and glue it on top of the other felt. This just covers up the thread and the end of the straps.

SORRY I DO NOT HAVE A PICTURE OF THIS :(

Your final project should hopefully look like this...


Here are some pictures of the other ones I have made!
Give a hand to Megan for the wonderful posing!

You can also use ribbon for the straps like I did with the red one...









There you have it peeps!

<3 Taylor

p.s. if you post a comment please sign your name

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY LOVE IT !!!
MAKE ME ONE !!!
THEY ARE THE CUTEST
THINGS EVER !!!!

Anonymous said...

How darling

Megan said...

So precious!!

Jordan said...

They are so cute i saw u guys wearing them at church <3 u guys!

Megan said...

You gotta post that new necklace and stuff! You are so good with cloth :D

Melanie said...

T, I just love it. They're so darlin'....especially that red one :)

Amanda said...

They are so cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...