Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Stars

Today I was bored so I decided to make a little decorations for tonights b-day party for Melanie/Non. I wanted to make a banner like this one. I tried it but the fan part was way to small so, I was rather sad cause that banner is cute. So I scratched that plan and started figuring out another way. STARS! So instead of making a banner I made a star display of happy birthday. (this was a very time consuming, hard craft so I didn't take to many pics.)

Cut 3x12 in. papers 

You need 1 strip for each letter. 
(I chose to do rainbow colors cause obviously I couldn't do all pink/girly or all blue/boyish colors someone wouldn't be happy... not sure if that made much sense)

Then you fold the paper in a fan like way.
You have to fold the paper a certain amount of times otherwise the star gets all weird in shape, but I couldn't really figure out how many times to fold, I think it has to be an odd number of folds (some help I am :D)


Ok once you have everything folded and cut then you start figuring out how to make them into stars and where you have to glue the sides together. 

Next step is glueing the sides together

When the sides are glued you should have a nice little star.


Then I was sick of looking at those stars, so I went and printed out the letters
 H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y.
I color coded the letters with the color star they would go on for a little spazzaz.

I traced them in a circle form and cut them out.
Next part was tricky
Glue the letters onto the stars.
They wouldn't stay on. So just warning you, be patient!
But in the end they turned out cute.


(Sorry bout the blurriness)



TA DA!
So this was my Saturday project. 
Megan


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...