Friday, March 11, 2011

Pinwheel Decor

Tonight I made some pinwheels for my crush bottles which have been sitting empty in my cube since summer.
Cut out 6x6 in. paper

Then on the back make an X for cutting line guide. From the center measure in 1 in. and mark it. (you will stop cutting at the 1 in. mark)

Cut up to the 1 in. mark so you have flaps like so:

Erase pencil marks once you have everything cut

Put small dabs of hot glue in the center and fold flaps over.
NOTE! Glue every other side of the flaps otherwise it gets messed up (speaking from experience)

When you are done glueing down the flaps put another dab of glue in the center for the button (you can use brads *if you use brads do NOT do any of the glueing)

On the back of the pinwheel put a strip of glue starting at the center down, then put a straw on the glue (for the "stem")

Here is where I put mine in my room






Megan

4 comments:

Taylor said...

OMH!
These are so cute!
I am totally going to make them!
(you are better at contributing craft ideas than me :P )

Megan said...

Just so everyone knows: OMH means Oh my hippos b/c we don't believe in saying OMG. That is bad. Thanks for listening!

Amanda said...

That's so cute!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT !!! YOU GUYS HAVE THE FUNNEST STUFF FOR YOUR BLOG !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...