Monday, April 30, 2012

{Pretty Garland}

I'm loving garland. Doesn't matter if it fabric, or somethin' else. I'll take it. On Sunday I was looking for something to do, and at the same time I was thinking about craft shows. I decided that I would actually make something for the booth instead of things to sell. I decided on a pretty little garland while browsing Pinterest for ideas. 
(p.s. If you have any ideas of what I should sell...do tell! I am at a loss of thought on what I should do.)

Fabric Garland
Supplies: 
- Fabric
- Twine/Yarn
- Sewing Machine
- Cutter


- Cut your fabric into strips. You can do any size you want depending on how big or small you want them. Mine were 2' by 6.5'.


- Fold your strips in half. If you really don't feel like doing this you don't have to. It just made it easier for me to know where the middle was. 



- Now you are ready to sew your what-ever-you-want-to-call-them on! Make sure when sewing to try and sew over some of the twine. Otherwise it will just slip out. Ya, I learned that the hard way. 



Yay! Now you have your finished garland.



(ick, ya thats me in the 1st frame. with ugly old glasses and feathers. sick)

You can totally make this if you don't have a sewing machine. Just use a glue gun. Put some glue over the twine, and then stick the fabric on to that. Easy Peasy. 

I hope to be making more garlands very very soon. I just need to make a point to get to a hobby lobby type store and buy some supplies. 

I also used a different size for the pictures. Did you like that? Could you even tell? 

Taylor


Upcoming Posts: 
- Garland Holder Thing-a-magig
- Spinach Artichoke Dip {1st recipe alert - maybe I am becoming like Melanie. i wish. }
- Pinterest Favorites {again}


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...