Friday, June 22, 2012

German Pancake

If you know me, you know that making food isn't my strongest point. For example, I made 'lemonade popsicles' once. Mix up some lemonade put in the little popsicle formations and add cool whip on top because cool whip is good on everything. Easy enough I thought, and I am sure they will taste wonderful! Well, I was wrong. When I tried on of those popsicles they were... something else. Very sour at the top and watery once you got to the bottom, and the cool whip um was not what it usually taste like. Let's just say that they made 12, after 2 months there were 8 still waiting to be eaten. (and never were eaten might I add)

However, it seems to be that if I have someone to bake or cook with me things go better. Usually my assistent is my younger sister, Marissa.

Surprisingly, one morning I got up before 8:30 (I am a night owl, but mornings aren't my thing). Of course, my sister was up because she is an early riser. After looking at my food board on Pinterest (one of our favorite past times) we were mighty hungry. We remember having a German Pancake at our cousins house (Hi!) and boy were they delicious! So that is the story of how we came to make a German Pancake, you must try it.

German Pancake
(recipe from Everyday Insanity)

6 tablespoons of butter
5 eggs
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
large pinch of salt

Preheat your oven to 425. While it is preheating put the 6 tablespoons of butter in a 9x13 pan, place it in the oven so the butter can melt.

While the butter is melting mix together your eggs, flour, milk, vanilla, and salt.

When your butter is all melted, pour your batter into the pan and bake for 20-25 min. (still at 425 degrees)

*When you take it out it gets all bubbly... real neat!*

When the pancake is done serve it with powered sugar, syrup or whatever you please!


Megan

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi Megster! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...