Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Infinity Scarf DIY

I REALLY love scarfs. Alot. Funny thing is... I only own one. Almost every time we go shopping my goal is to get a scarf. But they can be so expensive. I'm cheap and tighten right, so I pass them up.
 You saw last week Friday the new fabric I got. Yeah well this isn't what the reveal is/was gonna be (that's coming later this week). I loved the fabric so much that I went back to get more. Yeah, obsessed. So please, don't knock my fabric. It's my favorite.
Anyhoo... I got this hankerin to make an infinity/circle scarf (what do you call it? Is there a difference?) and so I did. By the way. This is SO easy! Probably the easiest sewing project evah.


It doesn't wrap around twice like most do... but I like it just the same.

Want to make one too? We could be twins.

Here's what you need.... (yeah only three things. pretty awesome)
1/2 yard of fabric
thread
sewing machine

First fold your fabric in half the long way. Have both right sides meet in the middle.


Second sew along the longest side at 1/4 inch seam allowance.

Third 'un-inside-out' the scarf and try it on to see how long you want it.

Fourth fold one of the short edges in. Take the other short edge and put it inside the folded short edge.


(pardon the blurry picture)

Fifth sew along what you just folded. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T SEW THE REST OF YOUR SCARF, JUST THE FOLDED PART.


Fluff it up and you are done! Pretty easy right!?


I'm pretty happy with the outcome. And it cost under $5. Pretty sure I can handle that.

Megan

Linking up with: Carrie This Home, Craft-O-Maniac

6 comments:

Wanda VanSingel said...

Very cute!

Melanie said...

So cute! I think I'm gonna have to make one!

Shell said...

Very cute! I'm scarf obsessed too and this would be an easy fix! Thanks for th great post! Visiting from dirtroaddamsel.blogspot.com via craft-o-maniac. :)

Katie @thecasualcraftlete.com said...

I love the pattern on this scarf! I really wish I knew how to sew.

Carrie This Home said...

I love scarves--now if I find some super cute fabric I can make my own! Thanks so much for linking this up to Frugal Crafty Home!

Ana Lopes said...

Gorgeous scarve! Love it and the colors of the fabric!Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial! Would love to have you visit me sometime.
Have a fabulous week!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...