Monday, January 28, 2013

"Sew" Embroidery Hoop

Another embroidery hoop tutorial?
Yup. 
Annoyed yet?

I will have you know that this is the last hoop I have, so unless I go out and buy more you won't be seeing anymore of these for a while.
But I think they are just so stinkin' cute, so I just keep cranking out more.


As you saw last week, I've got myself a gallery wall. It's filled with mostly neutral items, so I needed something to add a little color (still looking for at least one more thing. If you have any ideas shoot them my way!)

What You Need
Fabric (scraps)
Twine
Embroidery Hoop
Buttons (optional)
Sewing Machine
Thread
Hot Glue
Scissors

*please excuse the nasty basement pictures*

Start off by picking out your fabric. You'll need 3 different pieces. I have 2 'fun' patterns and a solid colored piece. Make sure that you have enough to fit into the hoop.

Iron the edges of the 'fun fabric' pieces down.

Sew the ironed side of the 'fun fabric' pieces onto your solid piece of fabric.

Cut pieces of twine for your letters.
Hot glue the letters onto the solid piece of fabric.

Add buttons (optional) to your hoop cause buttons make everything cuter.

Trim down the excess fabric that hangs off the sides. *don't trime it so short that it slides out!*

There you have it! Another embroidery hoop to add to you wall or wherever you put it!
Megan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...