Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ombre Dot Heart

If you know me, you probably know that I am majorly in love with polka-dots. Can anyone else relate with my unending love for a pattern? So with Valentines Day coming up, a little polka dot love had to be displayed. Hearts, coral, and polka dots just sounded perfect. 
This idea came to me through this darling canvas bag. I didn't have a canvas bag hanging around waiting for a makeover, so I turned to paper. 
It's literally too easy: 5 supplies, 5 steps, and takes 5-10 minutes! 5 cheers for a cute, easy project!

What You Need
Paper (enough for the paper with the heart + heart template)  
Paint (color + white) 
Pencil (with a flat eraser) 
Painters tape
Scissors

1. Cut out a heart

2. Tape the heart down to your piece of paper you want to stamp the heart on

3. Dip you pencil eraser into the paint and dab onto the heart. When you dab by the edges, press them down so the paint doesn't bleed through.


4. Continue filling the heart by adding white to the your original color and keep dabbing the paint on. Before I switched to a new color I would dab all the paint off the eraser-- you can see some dots aren't as paint filled as others. To make it 'flow' add some of the previous color into your new color. 

5. Carefully peel the tape off. Frame it or do whatever you please! 

Sweet! Now you have some Valentines decor, or really year round decor. You could easily do this with any shape/picture and it doesn't necessarily have to be ombre! Veeeerrry versatile. 
I'd love to see what you come up with! 
(an owl would sure be cute... I might have to get on that) 
Megan
                                                                                                                                                                       
If you are scrounging for Heart Day ideas check out yesterdays post

3 comments:

Sarah (20 State) said...

Super cute! This would look fanstastic on a large scale as well, would love to try it!

Candie@Craftbaby.com said...

LOVE the ombre! Super cute! You should enter your photos from this project into Craftbaby's Hearts Craft Challenge :-) http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/43/those-tiny-toes-hearts-craft

xo,
Candie

katielynn said...

Hi there! I saw your project on the Bower Power Linky Party. So cute. We got a note about a Liebster Award, and I'm passing the nomination on to you. I think your stuff is so fun and creative! I really have no idea what this award is all about, but thought I'd play along . . . can't hurt. check it out if you're interested (if not, we won't be offended :)). http://viewfromthefridge.com/2013/02/23/liebster-award/

Have a good weekend!

Steph and Katie
viewfromthefridge.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...