Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What I Wore {Chambray + Lace}

Anyone out there with that specific item of clothing that we are slightly obsessed with and if it weren't for the fact that washing clothes is a good way to stay sanitary and presentable we'd wear that thing every single day? Anyone who can relate say 'me'! 
Me!
Meet my clothing obsession. I call him Chambray (so original).  
chambray: Old Navy// shirt: T.J. Maxx// jeans: Old Navy// necklace: Charming Charlies 
He's quite a looker isn't he? (who am I kidding? My obsession is kinda creepy. I am going to begin treating my shirt like a shirt, starting now.)

Wearing this shirt buttoned up all the time gets slightly boring. So I started getting brave and every now and then I'd add a belt, or a necklace. Sometimes I'd even add a tank top with a punch of color (and most likely a ruffle) and button it half way. Then I really stepped out of my comfort zone and used it as an amateur cardigan. 
Complete side note: Look at all that snow? Isn't it just wonderful!? It provides us so many snow days which I treasure like you wouldn't believe. 

It appears to me that lace is quite "in" right now. So I stole my sisters shirt and now I feel oh so trendy with my chambray + lace + bubble necklace combo. 

And that people is how this outfit was born.

To make it even better, I'm participating in What I Wore Wednesday, Casual Friday, and Get Your Pretty On. You should check out some of the other linker uppers. There are some pretty fashionable people over there.

Tell me. What is your #1 favorite thing in your closet right now? 
Megan

14 comments:

Shelly said...

I love the color and texture combo. Plus the necklace really makes a pop.

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Gorgeous patterns and texture, looks great with the red!

Niki Caron said...

This is such a pretty pairing! Love that lace top!

Sarah said...

My favorite item is also that shirt! I wear it far too often! I actually have it on in my WIW post today as well!

Traci Little said...

so adorable!

Here's what I wore:

http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-i-wore-wednesday-via-pleated-poppy.html

Ches said...

great mix of pattern and texture

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful Megan-- Ellisa

Carolyn Mae said...

I love the pop of color! Isn't chambray the best?
Carolyn
www.sillyhappysweet.com

14 Shades of Grey said...

I'm quite obsessed with chambray shirts myself. They're so versatile!

Erin @ Loop Looks said...

I'm actually wearing that same chambray shirt today as a layering piece. I love the idea of wearing it open over a lace, shirt, though. Totally adding this look to my list of things to try!

Ginny said...

I love that chambray and love it too :) I really lik it with the lace and bold necklace :) I'm doing a giveaway now and I'd love if you'd come by and check it out :)
Ginny
mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

I love chambray, and with that lace top...so cute. I have a pic on my pinterest board chambray shirt over gold lame top. Really, they are so very versatile.

Love the title of your blog! Visiting via Casual Friady.

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Thanks so much for linking up your super cute outfit!

Leelee said...

Lace really makes the chambray become more interesting. Plus I love the polka dot print.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...