Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What I Wore {Navy + Red}

So apparently I'm a little excited for the Fourth of July. 
navy tunic: Old Navy | cardigan: Deliah's | leggings: Old Navy | shoes: Payless | rosette necklace: handmade (tutorial here) | belt: Old Navy (in stores only)

The red and navy kinda screams America's birthday, but hey, what can I say? I'm proud to be an American, and am bringing the summer holiday (which is one of my favs) to the dead of winter through my outfit. So patriotic.


Funny story about the navy tunic. Well actually it is far from funny, but I'll tell it anyway. I got the navy shirt years ago (from ON). It came with a little navy 'sash' to tie around the waste. Two years later, I wasn't specifically fond of the sash. I cut it off and now use a polka-dot belt to tie it together! Reduce, reuse, recycle, and not to mention save a buck or two! Helping the world one step at a time.


Since I'm quite attracted to this color combo I'll wear this outfit to despite the fact that the 4th of July is 5 months away. 

Like usual, I'm linkin up with Pleated Poppy, Get Your Pretty On, House of Rose, Larson Lingo, Because Shanna Said So, and Casual Friday. Check the fashionistas at the other par-tay's! Inspiration galore!
Megan

3 comments:

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Super cute necklace and belt! And I'm a sucker for leggings looks. Thanks so much for linking up!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

You look adorable! Yay for 4th of July...in March :)
Thanks for linking up with us at Pin-spired!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Meg stole my word. I was gonna say your look ADORABLE too. Because you totally do! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...