Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What I Wore {A Spring in my Step}

Today marks day 1 of Spring Break 2013.
Can I get a big HIP HIP HORRAY and a victory dance!? 
I don't think there is anything better than having spring break with sunny, 50-60 degree days, where kapris and sandals are a must, and no coats are needed. Now that's my kind of weather.  
I don't need a vacay to Florida. Give me happy weather and I am a happy camper.
Belt tutorial here
There's just one problem. 
The weathermen/woman are kinda crushing my dreams of having the ideal spring break this year by forecasting snow and temps in the mid 30s. Err. Excuse me. It's March 27. Am I wrong? A big contrast from last years 80 degree weather at this time, wouldn't you say?

DIY skinny jean tutorial here
I guess we just have to roll with crazy Michigan (and other places 'roud the world) weather. 

Despite the fact that there are still flurries of snow, and the temperatures feel like we are still in February, I refuse to dress like we are caught up in the middle of winter.
That's my cue to bust out the bright colored cardi's, floral prints, and get a spring in my step. 
My favorite newest pair of shoes: my Tom knock-offs. They really do look like the real thing (but for a fraction of the cost) and they deceive people thinking they are the real deal all the time. Airwalk via Payless is who we can thank.

A pop of magenta hear, with dash of springy flowers here, topped with an emerald green belt makes this crazy weather almost bearable.
I guess I'll just have to wait another month or so for kapris + sandals. When that time comes, I'll be the happiest person around.
cardigan: Target | tank top: Target (a while ago) | scarf: Meijer | belt: Old Navy | jeans: Old Navy/DIY | shoes: Payless

Are you impatiently waiting for spring to make its move as well, or are you a winter condition lover?
Megan

11 comments:

The Marcy Stop said...

Loving the colors in this look. And still holding on for warm weather like you! It's been frigid in NYC
xL

Win a $300 Shopping Spree!

Kayla Janachovsky said...

Great outfit!

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

That green belt adds just the right amount of something special. Great look! Thanks for linking up.

My Thrifty Chic said...

beautiful spring color palette! Thank you for linking up with the Anything & Everything
Blog Hop!
xo Tori

www.mythriftychic.com

Megan said...

Your scarf is beautiful! The belt adds a nice pop to the outfit! Very cute!

HandJ Cobb said...

I love that scarf and the green belt, adorable!

www.domesticblisssquared.com

Abigail said...

Lovely look! Those scarf and cardigan need to be part of my closet - love, love them!

Hope you can check out my new post on the site. I'd love to hear what you think!

http://fashchronicles.blogspot.com

Jenna {Real Simple Girl} said...

What an adorable outfit!!

Rachel said...

we had chilly weather for spring break and Easter here as well! I love that floral scarf...I have been looking for one recently. love all your bright colors!
floral&fudge

The Links said...

Love all the fun colors in your outfit.

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Your outfit is adorable! Love the scarf & the belt! Thanks for linking up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...