Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What I Wore {Diggin' This Trench}

If I'm following trends correctly, this spring trench coats are quit 'in'.  For a while I'd been crushing over this style of coat (especially these: #1, #2, #3), and since my previous spring coat was bought in 6th grade and I was busting out of it, I casually mentioned the idea of a trench coat for spring to my mom and to keep her eyes peeled.

Coat: second hand store. VERY similar one here (even in similar color!) | Skinny Jeans DIY |  Sandals: Target (last year)



To my pleasant surprise, the day after I mentioned a trench coat to her I came home from school and found this baby hanging in the closet. I was floored. I loooved it and the color. I never imagined that a dandelion yellow would look decent against my majorly pale skin tone. But, it proved me wrong and now I wear it during 80˚ weather cause I love it that much. To top things off this coat was from a 2nd hand store, so it was a fraction of the cost of a new coat (but still in steller shape). BRILLIANT.


Like I said, I wear this in 80˚ weather. Yes, I'm not lying I did that one day, and decided that that idea was for the birds. 
The thing is this year Michigan weather was crazy and brushed over spring. We went from winter to summer with a transition of 3 days of spring. Cah-razy. So unfortunately, unless I get a few cool days in May, it looks like I'll have to wait till September to rock this coat in public again. But that's ok. It gives me something to look forward to :).


One of my favorite features to my yellow trench would have to be the pleated back. LEERVE. 


So what do ya say? Do you have a certain piece of spring, (or summer) clothing that you really have your eyes on? I'd love to hear!
Megan 


16 comments:

the domestic fringe said...

I love that trench. It's a great color and it looks fabulous on you. Nice sandals too. :-)

~FringeGirl

Carolynn Markey said...

I LOVE your shoes and wow--what a bright color coat! lovely!! and I like how you have your hair up in the first picture!

Imogen said...

Wow I am amazed, I want this coat so much, the colour is perfect!!

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

There is nothing better than a bright trench! LOVE this color. So bright and pretty.

Amy said...

When I saw your coat it reminds me of sunshine.It is cloudy and rainy here.I love buying things second hand,you save so much.

Karri said...

What a perfect color for a spring trench! I love it!

Blue Dog Belle said...

Wow. Such a pretty coat! I'm jealous you can wear yellow.

Megan Magers said...

dying over this coat, the shape and pop of yellow is perfection for spring and how cute are your sandals?! xo

http://myotherclosetiscouture.blogspot.com

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

It's hard to have a bad day in a color that cheery right? :)

Natasha xoxo said...

Hello! I’m visiting from Random Wednesday! That yellow trench coat makes me smile. Love this look!

Xo, tasha
twenty-something blog

Lindsay said...

Oh that coat! The color is so, so perfect. I would smile every single time I wore it :)

Lindsey A. Turner said...

Love hoe your jacket flares out at the bottom! so pretty!

Lindsey
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

Callie said...

Super awesome trench coat and I adore your shoes!! So cute!
~Callie
www.creationsbycallie.com

Erica said...

This coat is FANTASTIC! And your hair is super cute! LOVE!

Tara Honeybird said...

How lucky are you to have such a thoughtful mum :) I think a bright trench coat is such a fun item to add to a closet. I have a long black one but I don't think I'll get to wear it too much this year. It just doesn't get cold enough where I live :)

Sherry said...

Those shoes are adorable!!! AND that jacket is fantastic! Great look.
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...