Tuesday, June 25, 2013

DIY Nail Head Corkboard

A week or two ago I mentioned my love for garage sales. Now I'd like to introduce you to another one of my finds. Of course it didn't look as dandy as it does now with the bells and whistles. You can see the before a little bit below. 
Through the blog world I came across this cork board and instantly fell in love with it. Thanks to the beloved site Pinterest I had this idea saved for future reference. 
It's a sassy and sophisticated board thanks to the nail head boarder, but you can get the look for a fraction of the cost of a real deal nail head board. What's the trick? TACKS. I know, mind blown. Oh and if that's not enough-- it's seriously too easy. 

What You Need
Cork Board/Memo board
Fabric
Tacks
Hot Glue


1. Measure the size of your cork board. At 4-5 inches of fabric to your measurements for the amount of fabric needed. 

2. Fold the fabric edges in and hot glue them.

3. Fold the corners in-- make sure to get them tight.

4. After you get the fabric glued down stick the tacks in through your board. Now this is some major finger exercise, so expect some buff fingers after this project :). 

And since Taylor has been giving us a little insight on her family vacay to Colorado here's a postcard that I received and am really obsessed with it, and now display it proudly on my board.

Now go and bedazzle anything you can get your hands on with tacks to make a nail head border. Just don't go too crazy and take your nail head obsession out on your refrigerator, or your cat. No promises that that would be cute.

Megan

Linking with: Today's Creative Blog, Ginger Snap Crafts, Daisy Cottage Designs, 36th Avenue, Liz Marie, Five Days Five Ways, The Shabby Next, Nap Time Crafters, I Heart Naptime, Tatertots and Jello, Be Different... Act Normal, The Pin Junkie, Reasons to Skip the Housework, Craft-O-Maniac, Monday , A Blossoming Life

7 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

So simple, yet so chic!

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

I love how you covered the frame too!

Sara Howe said...

I love this!!! I think it's simple enough I could even make it :) This will be perfect in my new office/craft room! Sara @ http://sarahowe.blogspot.com

Amy @ A Blossoming Life said...

Really cute idea and it seems pretty simple! This would be great for our office that I don't currently use and need to ha! I would love if you would share this over at our blog hop! http://www.ablossominglife.com/2013/06/frugal-crafty-home-blog-hop-30.html

Jennifer Mead said...

What a great project...I love how it turned out! The fabric is fabulous and I like how you added the nailhead trim. Thanks for linking up to our "Inspire me Please" blog party, I am featuring you this week.
xo, Jennifer @Blissfully Ever After

SarahSkier said...

Oh I love this! Your choice is fabric is perfect! Thank you for the simple and easy-to-follow directions!

Your postcard is from the Garden of the gods in Colorado Springs, CO! - My home town!

Jennifer :: Creative Scatter said...

I just saw this over at A Blossoming Life and I just LOVE it! The fabric is perfect! I never use cork boards because I don't really like the look, but I could certainly get used to this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...