Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pallet Sign

It's been WAAAAY too long since our last tutorial! It's been eeerrr two months since our last how-to.
Anywho, pardon the absence from the crafty area. With summer I am feeling much more inspired-- meaning you can expect quite a few tutorials heading your way. 

A while back I spotted this pin. The space is adorable, but beneath the amazing wreath and sassy vintage fan my main focus on that space was the create sign living on that wire shelf.  
The CREATE sign gave me crazy flashbacks of the amazing pallet sign that was the star of Pinterest a while back. I had been drooling over that sign for a while and could picture the two signs working together. So... why not mush them together and the best of both worlds?!

What You Need
Scrap Wood
Paint
Wood Glue
Paper
Sticky Tabs


Measure your wood to the length you want and cut it to that length.

Repeat that step until you get all of your wood planks cut. 

Sand down all your wood pieces. Wipe the wood down with a paper towel to get off the sawdust and any dirt.

Begin painting in whatever color you choose. 

Once the paint is dried put a line of wood glue between the planks.


For the letters find out the size you want each letter to be (the width and height) and make a box that size on the back of the paper. In the box draw out your letter. Make sure you write it backwards

Cut out all the letters and use sticky tabs on the back of each letter to attach it to your board.


Have a fabulous Thursday!

11 comments:

Melanie {Reasons To Skip The Housework} said...

LOVE these colors! So fun for summer!
I'd love for you to come link this up at the Weekly Creative Link Party that just went live this morning!

Smiles, Melanie
Reasons To Skip The Housework
The Weekly Creative Link Party

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

They're so cute! You make it look so easy. Haha!

Amanda said...

They are so cute!!!

sew sweet vintage said...

SO bright and easy!!!!! New follow:) Follow back at
http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/handkerchief-party-bunting.html

Stacy said...

OHH MY WORD....... such a crafty cuz:)

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

Such possibilites!!! I love everything about it!


I hope you come and link up with us!
http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/06/on-display-monday-linkup-6.html

Jessica H said...

Oh my word... I love these!

Head to Toe Chic said...

i'm in love with this idea!! it's so fun!

xo
Angela

Stephanie Fermor said...

Thanks for linking up to my party! I wanted to let you know I picked your link to feature this week! See my post and grab my feature button here http://handmadecuddles.com/2013/06/create-inspire-72-picks.html

Heather May said...

LOVED THIS! you were featured this week at the On Display Linky Party! Swing by and check it out and link up again if you can! http://www.ffflinkypals.blogspot.com/2013/06/on-display-link-party-7.html I am eye-ing some pallets outside of the grocery store to swipe...they are by the dumpster...that makes them game, right?

Heather May
http://www.frugalfitfamily.com

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

Coming over to ditto Heather! You were my pick!

You were featured at our link up party this week! Stop by and check it out!


http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/06/on-display-monday-7.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...