Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What I Wore {Coral Shorts + Lace Top}

And BAM! It's the 'opening day' of our first series ever. Make that a miniature series-- consisting of three posts totals. SUUUUURPISE. Didn't see this one coming did you?
Here's the run down. I've got these shorts that I am fairly fond of. I mean their from Target so that instantly makes them fabulous. And since they are colored shorts I feel quite trendy when I am sporty these babies. Feeling fashionable + comfort are two things that fall right in place when it comes to a gotta-wear-this-again sort of outfit, and boy oh boy do I mean it when I say these shorts are comfortable!

Making the most of these shorts (and the rest of my clothes in my closet) seemed like a practical thing to do. Now I introduce you to the series Coral Shorts 3 Ways: Way 1- Lace Shirt.

You may be thinking: Lace shirt? AAAAH. NOT AGAIN. 
Pardon for the amount of times this shirt appears on the blog but I've grown quite fond of it. Too bad my sister has ownership over this one, but praise be that we wear the same size. All I need is to bribe her into letter me wear it more often :) (You can see the lace shirt's other appearances here and here)
The elegant yet simple effects the shirt has takes the coral shorts and gives it a new look. From a playful outfit to something more formal and fancy.  

And a pop of color brought to us by a multicolored necklace accents the shade of coral from the shorts. 

lace top: TJMaxx | shorts: Target | necklace: gifted | flip flops: Old Navy
All in all this outfit makes for the perfect light summer ensemble. 
Megan

Stay tuned for 2 more outfits featuring these adorable shorts.... dun dun dunnn.


12 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love that lace top! So pretty!

My name is Rita said...

Love the outfit! If you get a chance, please link up to my What We Wore Party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-we-wore-3.html

Taylor Hart said...

Awwwwww! I love this crochet top. This is the perfect summer outfit. Very sweet indeed.
xo
Taylor
http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

Lindsey A. Turner said...

I like how the lace top dresses up the shorts!

Lindsey
Thrift and Shout

Marci McNair said...

Sometimes, you are correct to repeat the basics. This lace top looks great on you and can be worn with so many things - so why not get every use out of it. At the end of the day, people remember you as being "put together" - not someone who constantly wore that shirt (they probably don't notice that it is repeating because you style it so many different ways).

As for the shorts - well - they are great! Color pop is fun and easy to style with a basic shirt. I really like the added necklace as I fell that it finished your ensemble.

Abby said...

I love this look. I could see myself wearing this on a casual day out :)

If you have a sec, hope you can drop by my blog too and read my latest: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

Inge Jane said...

Cute outfit! I love how a white lace top is as versatile as a white tee but much more dressed up! I like the scalloped detail on yours.
Inge
This Ever Evolving Life

Real Girl Glam said...

I am such a fan of lace tops for summer. They take an otherwise basic look and make it dressy, while still be comfortable!

popcosmo said...

Love the coral shorts, and pairing with a white tee but making it a lacy one is a fabulous idea. The details make the difference, right?
xo ~kim & chloe

Erin Kelly Cannon said...

Love that lace top! Thanks so much for linking up to the Trend Spin Linkup, don't forget next week is Stars & Stripes :)

xoxo
Erin
The Fashion Canvas

Amanda Cobb said...

I don't blame you for loving the lace top, it is fabulous! And this whole outfit is just great. :)

Laura B @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels said...

Love that lace top with the scallop hem and that necklace! Thank you so much for linking up!! Happy 4th of July!
walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...