Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What I Wore {Stripes and a Solid Back}

I've got a confession to make. I'm quite a fan of garage sales. They act as my thrift store since our thrift stores around here don't have much of anything too miraculous in my opinion.
When I scrounge through garage sales my focus is mainly clothes, and of course anything to recreate into something more spectacular.

 Tanks top: Garage sale \\ Capris: JC Penny \\ Necklace: Grandma made it \\ Flip-flops: Old Navy

Last week my favorite big sale of the summer was under weigh and I snaked up this tank top. For a buck I thought it was an awesome deal, and is my favorite new addition to my overflowing collection of striped shirts.


The tank top doesn't end with just stripes. It has a fun effect with a silky striped front and a solid jersey back. The combo makes for the perfect lightweight tank for summer!

So my 'secret' is out there-- I cave at garage sales. 
What about you? Where are your favorite places to score an awesome deal?
Megan

10 comments:

Jess Longo said...

love the tank and the orange!! hooray for bright colors :)

Abby said...

That's one gorgeous top! I never would believe you got that from a garage sale! Loved how you styled it too - so chic yet comfy looking! ;)

If you have a sec, I'd love for you to swing by my blog and share your thoughts on my latest: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

oooh I love garage sales - but I just don't get to go to them enough. I am hoping to make it happen more this summer.

That tank is so cute! And for $1? Amazing!

Dara @ The Southern Thing said...

cute color combo! those are two of my favorites!

Franziska said...

I've never gone to garage sales before...isn't that crazy? i do go to thrift stores often, but maybe I'll have to check out the garage sales...maybe the ones in the really rich neighborhoods ;)

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

What a cute tank! I love how the back is solid. Orange is my color crush right now. Thanks for linking up this week!

My name is Rita said...

love the top. If you get a chance, please link this up to my WHAT WE WORE party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/06/wardrobe-wednesday_12.html

Rachel said...

That really is a cool and unique top! I love the twist of how the back is different from the front. I don't think I've seen a shirt like that before!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love that tank! It's so summery!

Lauren @ Style Elixir said...

I guess I need to attend more garage sales... :) You looks so darling!

Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions.

Lauren xx
www.stylelixir.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...